Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jason Manford in person

I've been lucky enough to meet Jason Manford twice in a month.
The first time was at a book signing at Waterstones in Nottingham on October 8th. I bought his book "Brung up proper" and we queued for about an hour.

Jason was lovely. We chatted about Derby for a few minutes (His wife Cat is from Derby and her parents still live here) then he signed my book.



I asked for photo and Jason kindly obliged



So that was the first time.

On November 4th I was lucky enough to have tickets to go see Jason perform his stand-up live at the Assembly Rooms in Derby.
I was so excited as I had the tickets for the better part of the year. I went along with My son Bret, My Sister Debz and her boyfriend Carl.

Jason was absolutely hilarious. I was so glad for the half time interval to come just to get a breather and give my face and ribs a break from the laughing.
After the gig ended Jason was to be signing his book. As I had already had my copy signed, I thought it would be a great idea to get the picture of him and me signed.

I was really nervous as I stood in line even though it had only been a month since the last time I spoke to him. I was absolutely over the moon when it was my turn and Jason said to me " Ive a feeling I've met you before"
I presented the pictures from our last encounter and he gladly signed them for me.




He also sgined Debz and Bret's tickets and I had another photo taken for good measure


No comments: