Thursday, April 26, 2012

John Simm



This is the most amazing reply yet. Well I'm not sure it's better than Bret Hart but I have been trying to get John's autograph for the last 5 years. I have lost count how many times I have written to John in that time and how many different photos I have sent.

I know that the letter I wrote him was long. Most people only seem to think of him as Doctor Who's arch Nemesis The Master but I have been a fan right from the early nineties from such things as The Lakes, Clocking off, Human Traffic, Is Harry on the boat, Never Never and not forgetting 24hr Party People and State of play.Of course as well as Doctor Who his more recent appearances have been in Life on Mars and Mad Dogs.

The latest time that I wrote to John was November last year so after trying for 5 years it only took him 5 months to reply to this request. I am just so happy to finally get his auto and he dedicated both photos to me too which as you know is more special to me. I think I sent a 3rd photo but I only received 2 back so maybe that is John's personal limit :)



John Simm
Independent Talent Group Ltd.
Oxford House
76 Oxford Street
London
W1D 1BS
Save       - 14/11/11
Received - 25/04/12



4 comments:

debra said...

Congrats on the autographs. In an interview John has said that he finds fan mail rather embarrassing. He's pretty shy and doesn't like the attention. I mean, who else of his stature has a manager and no publicist?

Anyhoo, I'm crossing the pond to see him in Betrayal ... can't wait!

A small correction: it's Human Traffic, not Human Target. And another of your favorites appears with John in that film (Andrew Lincoln).

Jen said...

I know what a fool. I read this this morning and thought People must think I just made it all up. It was pretty late when I wrote it. Human Traffic is one of my fave all time movies and another that He appears with Danny Dyer too. Ive changed it now lol.

Thanks for your comments and enjoy Betrayal :)

Edzel2 said...

How lovely that you finally received a reply from John - I've only been an admirer since 2006/7 ('Life on Mars' was my introduction) but I love pretty much everything he's done (have seen almost everything that's available now, including some not commercially available!)- he's so talented. I've resisted the urge to write to him myself - I know how awkward he finds the fan mail thing and tend to feel that I couldn't say anything that he probably hasn't heard hundreds of times before; but your persistence makes me think that perhaps I should give it a go! Although I have been lucky enough to get autographs -and once a photo!- at three stage door meets, you don't really have much time to say much more than 'loved the play'...

I'm heading off to see 'Betrayal' too - looking forward to it immensely!

Autographaddict said...

Wow congratulations. Very lucky